MARKETS ROUTED AS RETAIL NUMBERS SHOW AN 8.7% DECLINE FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH. STORES, GASOLINE STATIONS, RESTAURANTS, BARS AND ONLINE SHOPPING WERE ALL VERY NEGATIVELY AFFECTED. APRIL IS EXPECTED TO BE FAR WORSE. FTSE 100 -3.44%, German DAX -3.9%, CAC 40 -2.76%, STOXX Europe 600-3.25%. The 10-year Gilt was down 3.6 bps.
European Bond Research – April 15, 2020Posted on April 15, 2020
EUROPEAN BOND RESEARCH
April 15, 2020
|Industry Returns Tracker|
|New Issues||New Issues [Continued]|
|1. UBS AG London (USD) 1.75% 4/21/2022 Reg S (04/14/2020): 2500MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 99.869, Yielding 1.82%.
2. Credit Agricole SA (EUR) 1% 4/22/2026 (04/14/2020): 1500MM Senior Non Preferred Notes, Price at Issuance 99.942, Yielding 1.012%.
3. Bank fuer Tirol und Vorarlberg AG (EUR) 0.9% 5/27/2026 (04/14/2020): 650MM Senior Non Preferred Notes, Price at Issuance 100, Yielding .9%.
4. Henkel AG & Co. KGaA (CHF) 0.273% 4/28/2023 (04/14/2020): 330MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
5. UBS AG London (EUR) 0.75% 4/21/2023 (04/14/2020): 2000MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
6. Daimler Canada Finance (NOK) 3.1% 4/21/2025 (04/14/2020): 550MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
7. Barclays Bank PLC (USD) FLT% 4/21/2023 (04/15/2020): 90MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 100.
8. BMW Finance NV (NOK) FLT% 4/21/2023 (04/15/2020): 1230MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
9. Societe Generale (EUR) 1.125% 4/21/2026 (04/15/2020): 750MM Senior Non Preferred Notes.
10. American Honda Finance Corp. (EUR) 1.6% 4/20/2022 (04/15/2020): 500MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
OVERALL EUROPEAN CREDIT MARKET:
The euro-zone economy shows signs of negative momentum, weakening credit rating quality, and uncertainty regarding the outcome of Brexit. Closely watched indicators and rates:
- Eurostat’s unemployment rate: EXPECTED TO SOAR.
- Eurostat’s quarterly GDP: EXPECTED TO CONTRACT.
- 6-month Euribor: current value –0.195%, as of 04/14/2020.
Copyright 2020 Advantage Data Inc. All Rights Reserved. http://www.advantagedata.com
Information in this document should not be regarded as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy bonds or any financial instruments referred to herein. All information provided in this document is believed to be accurate. However, Advantage Data and its sources make no warranties, either express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Opinions in this document are subject to change without notice. Electronic redistribution, photocopying and any other electronic or mechanical reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Advantage Data Inc.
Are you using AdvantageData?
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 500,000+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 6,200+ CDS reference entities
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 16 products and services from debt to CDS to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide