MARKETS STARTED WAY UP BUT GAVE UP GAINS AS CORONAVIRUS FEARS SAPPED UP THE MARKET BULLS CHARGE. MARKETS ENDED SLIGHTLY HIGHER FOR THE WEEK. FTSE 100 +1.1%, German DAX +0.4%, CAC 40 +0.42, STOXX Europe 600 +0.6%. The 10-year Gilt was up 0.8 bps.
European Bond Research – June 19, 2020Posted on June 19, 2020
EUROPEAN BOND RESEARCH
June 19, 2020
|Industry Returns Tracker|
|New Issues||New Issues [Continued]|
|1. Eustream A.S. (EUR) 1.625% 6/25/2027 (06/18/2020): 500MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 99.574, Yielding 1.69%.
2. Barclays Bank PLC (USD) 0% 7/2/2050 (06/18/2020): 50MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 100, Yielding 0%.
3. Samhallsbyggnadsbolaget (NOK) FLT% 6/26/2025 (06/18/2020): 500MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
4. Synthomer PLC (EUR) 3.875% 7/1/2025 Reg S (06/18/2020): 520MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 100, Yielding 3.88%.
5. Willow No. 2 Ireland PLC (USD) 1.85% 6/30/2021 (06/18/2020): 100MM Secured Notes, Price at Issuance 100, Yielding 1.85%.
6. Carmila (EUR) 3% 6/26/2029 (06/18/2020): 100MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
7. United Utilities Water (GBP) 2% 7/3/2033 (06/18/2020): 50MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 106.088, Yielding 1.482%.
8. BUPA Finance PLC (GBP) 1.75% 6/14/2027 (06/18/2020): 300MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 99.694.
9. Banco Santander SA (EUR) 1.125% 6/23/2027 (06/18/2020): 1000MM Senior Non Preferred Notes, Price at Issuance 99.946, Yielding 1.133%.
10. European Investment Bank (EUR) 0.01% 11/15/2035 (06/18/2020): 1000MM Unsecured Notes.
OVERALL EUROPEAN CREDIT MARKET:
The euro-zone economy shows signs of negative momentum, weakening credit rating quality, and uncertainty regarding the outcome of Brexit. Closely watched indicators and rates:
- Eurostat’s unemployment rate: EXPECTED TO SOAR.
- Eurostat’s quarterly GDP: EXPECTED TO CONTRACT.
- 6-month Euribor: current value –0.228%, as of 06/18/2020.
Copyright 2020 Advantage Data Inc. All Rights Reserved. http://www.advantagedata.com
Information in this document should not be regarded as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy bonds or any financial instruments referred to herein. All information provided in this document is believed to be accurate. However, Advantage Data and its sources make no warranties, either express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Opinions in this document are subject to change without notice. Electronic redistribution, photocopying and any other electronic or mechanical reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Advantage Data Inc.
In all events, Advantage Data is not a broker-dealer, shall not operate as a broker or a dealer, is not holding itself out as a broker or dealer and is not engaged in the business of buying or selling securities or otherwise required to register with the National Association of Securities Dealers.
Are you using AdvantageData?
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 500,000+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 6,200+ CDS reference entities
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 16 products and services from debt to CDS to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide