MARKETS TOOK OFF AS POWELL GAVE BROAD ASSURANCES THAT THE FED WILL DO ANYTHING TO SUPPORT THE ECONOMY. HE STATED THAT IF THE CORONAVIRUS DOES NOT HAVE A SECOND WAVE THAT THE ECONOMY WOULD MOST LIKELY START RECOVERING IN THE SECOND HALF OF 2020. FTSE 100 +4.29%, German DAX +5.67%, CAC 40 +5.16%, STOXX Europe 600 +4.05%. The 10-year Gilt was up 2.3 bps.
European Bond Research – May 18, 2020Posted on May 18, 2020
EUROPEAN BOND RESEARCH
May 18, 2020
|Industry Returns Tracker|
|New Issues||New Issues [Continued]|
|1. Achmea BV (EUR) 1.5% 5/26/2027 (05/18/2020): 750MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
2. Eastern Power Networks Ltd (GBP) 1.875% 6/1/2035 (05/18/2020): 300MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
3. Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA (EUR) 1% 5/25/2027 (05/18/2020): 100MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
4. Volvo Treasury AB (EUR) 1.625% 5/26/2025 (05/18/2020): 500MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
5. Intesa Sanpaolo SPA (EUR) 2.125% 5/26/2025 (05/18/2020): 1250MM Senior Preferred Security.
6. Richemont International (EUR) 1.125% 5/26/2032 (05/18/2020): 850MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
7. Richemont International (EUR) 0.75% 5/26/2028 (05/18/2020): 500MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
8. Richemont International (EUR) 1.625% 5/26/2040 (05/18/2020): 650MM Senior Unsecured Notes.
(None Current 05/18/2020)
OVERALL EUROPEAN CREDIT MARKET:
The euro-zone economy shows signs of negative momentum, weakening credit rating quality, and uncertainty regarding the outcome of Brexit. Closely watched indicators and rates:
- Eurostat’s unemployment rate: EXPECTED TO SOAR.
- Eurostat’s quarterly GDP: EXPECTED TO CONTRACT.
- 6-month Euribor: current value –0.131%, as of 05/15/2020.
Copyright 2020 Advantage Data Inc. All Rights Reserved. http://www.advantagedata.com
Information in this document should not be regarded as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy bonds or any financial instruments referred to herein. All information provided in this document is believed to be accurate. However, Advantage Data and its sources make no warranties, either express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Opinions in this document are subject to change without notice. Electronic redistribution, photocopying and any other electronic or mechanical reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Advantage Data Inc.
Are you using AdvantageData?
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 500,000+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 6,200+ CDS reference entities
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 16 products and services from debt to CDS to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide