HIGH-YIELD BONDS OUTPACED INVESTMENT-GRADE in net prices linked to actual trades. Treasury prices dipped sending yields higher, the 10-year Treasury note rose 3.8 basis points and the 30-year notegained 2.4 basis points. Gold slid to its lowest point in 2019 as a risk-on appetite picks up sending equity indexes near record highs. S&P +0.14%, DOW +0.31%, NASDAQ +0.45%.
Investment Grade Bond Research – April 16, 2019Posted on April 16, 2019
|Key Gainers and Losers||Volume Leaders|
|21st Century Fox America 5.576% 1/25/2049 144A
Dell Intl LLC 5.3% 10/1/2029 144A
|Industry Returns Tracker|
|New Issues||New Issues [Continued]|
|1. BMW US Capital LLC (USD) FLT% 4/14/2022 Reg S (04/15/2019):300MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 100.
2. BMW US Capital LLC (USD) 3.15% 4/18/2024 144A (04/15/2019):1000MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 99.94, Yielding 3.16%.
PNC Financial Services Group Inc. The most recent data showed money flowed out of high-yield ETFs/mutual funds for the week ended 4/12/19, with a net inflow of $0.655B, year-to-date $13.3B flowed into high-yield.
|Top Widening Credit Default Swaps (CDS)||Top Narrowing Credit Default Swaps (CDS)|
|Weatherford International LTD (5Y Sen USD XR14)
Hertz Corp. (5Y Sen USD CR14)
|SuperValu Inc. (5Y Sen USD MR14)
Atmos Energy Corp. (5Y Sen USD MR14)
Loans and Credit Market Overview
SYNDICATED LOANS HIGHLIGHTS:
Deals recently freed for secondary trading, notable secondary activity:
- Trade Me Group LTD, Jane Street, Six Flags Inc., MW Industries Inc.
OVERALL CREDIT MARKET:
Long-term bond yields are expected to hit a cyclical peak in 2019 given tight fiscal policy and lagging global economies. Europe remains checked by stubbornly low inflationary forces. Positive effects remained in force:
- TED spread held below 19 bp (basis points), as of 04/16/19
- Net positive capital flows into high-yield ETFs & mutual funds
Copyright 2019 Advantage Data Inc. All Rights Reserved. http://www.advantagedata.com
Information in this document should not be regarded as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy bonds or any financial instruments referred to herein. All information provided in this document is believed to be accurate. However, Advantage Data and its sources make no warranties, either express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Opinions in this document are subject to change without notice. Electronic redistribution, photocopying and any other electronic or mechanical reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Advantage Data Inc.
Are you using AdvantageData?
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 500,000+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 300,000+ BDC fair value assessments dating back to 2000
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 15 products and services from debt to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide