JOBLESSNESS IN THE U.S. has fallen to 3.6%, marking the lowest level since December 1969. This is due in part to a shrinking labor force, but also indicates that the economy remains strong. The Dow Jones recovered well Friday after two days of significant loss, closing up 195 points. 10-Year U.S. Treasury Notes fell 1.5 basis points. S&P +0.96%, Dow +0.75%, NASDAQ +1.58%.
Investment Grade Bond Research – May 3, 2019Posted on May 3, 2019
|Key Gainers and Losers||Volume Leaders|
|Apple Inc. 2.4% 5/3/2023
GE Capital Intl. Funding Co. 4.418% 11/15/2035
|Industry Returns Tracker|
|New Issues||New Issues [Continued]|
|1. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (USD) 3% 5/9/2025 (05/02/2019):95MM Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 100, Yielding 3%.
2. EG Global Finance PLC (USD) 6.75% 2/7/2025 144A (05/02/2019):750MM First Lien Notes, Price at Issuance 100, Yielding 6.75%.
Pacific Premier Bancorp Inc. The most recent data showed money flowed out of high-yield ETFs/mutual funds for the week ended 4/26/19, with a net outflow of $0.520B, year-to-date $13.8B flowed into high-yield.
|Top Widening Credit Default Swaps (CDS)||Top Narrowing Credit Default Swaps (CDS)|
|Weatherford International LTD (5Y Sen USD XR14)
Hovnanian Enterprises Inc. (5Y Sen USD MR14)
|SuperValu Inc. (5Y Sen USD XR14)
Atmos Energy Corp. (5Y Sen USD MR14)
Loans and Credit Market Overview
SYNDICATED LOANS HIGHLIGHTS:
Deals recently freed for secondary trading, notable secondary activity:
- Lonsdale Finance Pty LTD, iHeartCommunications Inc., Flexera Software Inc., JBS USA LLC, Sundyne US Purchaser
OVERALL CREDIT MARKET:
Long-term bond yields are expected to hit a cyclical peak in 2019 given tight fiscal policy and lagging global economies. Europe remains checked by stubbornly low inflationary forces. Positive effects remained in force:
- TED spread held below 15 bp (basis points), as of 05/03/19
- Net positive capital flows into high-yield ETFs & mutual funds
Copyright 2019 Advantage Data Inc. All Rights Reserved. http://www.advantagedata.com
Information in this document should not be regarded as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy bonds or any financial instruments referred to herein. All information provided in this document is believed to be accurate. However, Advantage Data and its sources make no warranties, either express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Opinions in this document are subject to change without notice. Electronic redistribution, photocopying and any other electronic or mechanical reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Advantage Data Inc.
Are you using AdvantageData?
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 500,000+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 300,000+ BDC fair value assessments dating back to 2000
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 15 products and services from debt to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide