HIGH-YIELD DEBT RETAINED AN EDGE AGAINST INVESTMENT GRADE BONDS in net prices linked to actual trades. Muted signs of inflation have agitated bond investors to be the most bullish on longer-dated U.S. Treasuries since 2016. The Fed’s preferred method of evaluating inflation, the rate of Personal consumption expenditure increased by 1.7 percent on a year-over-year basis. The 10-year note lost 2.3 basis points. S&P -0.01%, DOW +0.08%, NASDAQ -0.75%.
Investment Grade Bond Research – April 30, 2019Posted on April 30, 2019
|Key Gainers and Losers||Volume Leaders|
|Home Depot Inc. 3.75% 2/15/2024
GE Capital Intl. Funding Co. 4.418% 11/15/2035
|Industry Returns Tracker|
|New Issues||New Issues [Continued]|
|1. Lear Corp. (USD) 4.25% 5/15/2029 (04/29/2019): 375MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 99.691, Yielding 4.29%.
2. Norfolk Southern Corp. (USD) 4.1% 5/15/2049 (04/29/2019):400MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 99.264, Yielding 4.14%.
Textron Inc. The most recent data showed money flowed out of high-yield ETFs/mutual funds for the week ended 4/26/19, with a net outflow of $0.520B, year-to-date $13.8B flowed into high-yield.
|Top Widening Credit Default Swaps (CDS)||Top Narrowing Credit Default Swaps (CDS)|
|Weatherford International LTD (5Y Sen USD XR14)
Hertz Corp. (5Y Sen USD CR14)
|SuperValu Inc. (5Y Sen USD MR14)
Atmos Energy Corp. (5Y Sen USD MR14)
Loans and Credit Market Overview
SYNDICATED LOANS HIGHLIGHTS:
Deals recently freed for secondary trading, notable secondary activity:
- JBS USA LLC, Sundyne US Purchaser, Prysmian, Project Maple II BV, Trade Me Group LTD
OVERALL CREDIT MARKET:
Long-term bond yields are expected to hit a cyclical peak in 2019 given tight fiscal policy and lagging global economies. Europe remains checked by stubbornly low inflationary forces. Positive effects remained in force:
- TED spread held below 17 bp (basis points), as of 04/30/19
- Net positive capital flows into high-yield ETFs & mutual funds
Copyright 2019 Advantage Data Inc. All Rights Reserved. http://www.advantagedata.com
Information in this document should not be regarded as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy bonds or any financial instruments referred to herein. All information provided in this document is believed to be accurate. However, Advantage Data and its sources make no warranties, either express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Opinions in this document are subject to change without notice. Electronic redistribution, photocopying and any other electronic or mechanical reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Advantage Data Inc.
Are you using AdvantageData?
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 500,000+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 300,000+ BDC fair value assessments dating back to 2000
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 15 products and services from debt to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide